Policies of Newbridge RFC
Newbridge RFC Rules and Constitution – as of 14th May 2014 (updated at 12th May 2017)
The current Rules and Constitution of Newbridge RFC, as approved at the club’s AGM on 14th May 2014 and updated with Trustee Amendment at AGM on 12th May 2017, can be access by clicking HERE.
By far the most important policies and practices within our club relate to the protection, welfare, development and treatment of our players, and in particular our younger players. These policies and practices are underpinned by Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017 and The Children First Act 2015 and aim to not only keep children safe but to promote their welfare and enjoyment of the game of Rugby.
The Club Welfare Officer and the Executive welcome input and feedback from club members of all ages.
If you would like to get more information or have an input to our club Safeguarding please contact our:
Club Welfare Officer – Marie Conroy on 089 257 5771.
NEWBRIDGE RUGBY CLUB, WELFARE OFFICER
|Marie Conroy||Club Welfare Officeremail@example.com|
Our safeguarding policies and forms are as follows:
We acknowledge the support of Leinster Rugby and IRFU who, like ourselves, are committed to Safeguarding our players of all ages.
Contact Leinster Branch Safeguarding Officer, Stephen Gore at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0866087943 or IRFU Safeguarding Officer, Anne Marie Hughes at Annemarie.email@example.com.
Newbridge RFC Conduct of Members Policy Handbook – as of April 2017
Strategy for Newbridge Rugby Football Club – “To build a family, friendly, club atmosphere, one of support, respect, and pride in what we represent and to instil that ethos in all members, particularly the men and women who take to the pitch”.
The reputation of Newbridge Rugby Football Club (NRFC) is a valuable asset. We pay a heavy price if we do not keep the trust and confidence of our members, our sponsors, the rugby community, and the public generally. This handbook sets out the general principles that govern the way in which NRFC conducts its affairs.
We, the Officers of NRFC, are the leaders of our Club, but the members are the custodians of our Club’s reputation. Your personal behaviour and the example you set moulds our culture. It is the responsibility of the Officers, Coaches, and Senior Players to lead by example in order to set the standards for our members.
Together with our fellow Officers, we carry ultimate responsibility for the governance of NRFC. We rely on you to enable us to discharge this responsibility.
- Mick McCoy (Chairman)
- Noel Liston (Hon. Secretary)
You can access this policy in full by clicking HERE.
Data Protection Policy
Upon registration, members of Newbridge Rugby Club accept and agree to the club’s data protection policy which is as follows:
- I understand that it is necessary for Newbridge Rugby Club (“the Club”) to collect and record the personal data on our online registration form (“Personal Data”) for the contractual purpose of registering and maintaining my membership with the Club. I understand that the Personal Data may be shared with Provincial Branches and the IRFU from time to time and that the Club, the Branchandthe IRFU are all Data Controllers for various elements of this data.
- I understand that some Personal Data will be retained by Newbridge Rugby Club for the duration of the membership and in line with the Club Retention Policy. I further understand that I have a number of rights around the processing of Personal Data, including the right to request in writing a copy of my Personal Data which the Club holds, amend any information which is incorrect and to apply to have my Personal Data erased. I can also confirm that I have been given the opportunity to consult further relevant information concerning my data protection rights at www.dataprotection.ie.
- I am aware of all my Data Protection rights and have given my consent for my information to be used as follows:
- I consent for the Club to contact me with updates regarding the Club and including but not limited to activities such as match details, fundraising, ticket sales, meetings andevents. I am aware that my photograph or video image may be taken whilst attending or participating in games or activities connected with the Club and I consent to it being used by the Club for match programmes, yearbooks, match reports, event reports or on the Club website or social media channels. I understand that I can withdraw my consent at any time by writing to the Club.
For information on Injury Reporting, please follow this link: https://www.irishrugby.ie/playing-the-game/medical/injury-reporting/
For information on our Concussion Protocols please click on the following link https://www.irishrugby.ie/playing-the-game/medical/irfu-concussion-protocols/